Our dentists may recommend a dental filling if your teeth have developed cavities or sustained other minor damage. Fillings restore the appearance, strength and shape of the tooth so that you can once again enjoy a healthy smile. Here at Costa Dentistry, we only use composite, or tooth-colored, filling material so you can be certain of a beautiful final result. To reserve your appointment and learn more about composite dental fillings in Ashburn and Great Falls, Virginia, call our office today!
What is a composite filling?
A composite filling is a filling made with tooth-colored material so that it will blend in with the natural appearance of your tooth.
What are the advantages of a composite filling over an amalgam filling?
There are many advantages to receiving a composite filling. Aside from their aesthetic appeal, composite fillings give you:
- A better seal around the tooth to prevent decay and leaks
- A safer result, as your filling material contains no mercury
- Insulation against temperature changes
- Reduced risk of future damage to the tooth
- Additional strength to the original tooth structure
- The option of correcting cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings